Steveston is a quaint, historic fishing village with over 600 fishing boats calling Steveston Harbor home. It boasts over 350 business and services to accommodate a growing population. Steveston has also been used to film several movies and TV shows such as Once Upon a Time.
Steveston is also known as "The Gateway to the Orca" being a base for the whale watching industry. Shuttled by boat, passengers will be taken into the Gulf of Georgia to observe orca, seals and more.
Steveston, founded in the 1880s is a neighbourhood of Richmond in Metro Vancouver. On the southwest tip of Lulu Island, the village is a historic port and salmon canning centre at the mouth of the South Arm of the Fraser River. The early 1900s style architecture attracts both the film and tourism industries.
- Turn right out of the hostel and walk down until you reach W Georgia St.
- Cross the street and head into the station opposite London Drugs.
- Hop on the train heading to Richmond-Brighouse Station and get off Richmond-Brighouse station.
- Exit the station and hop onto bus #407 Gilbert. Stay on 28 stops and get off at WB Steveston Highway @ Ransford Gate
- When you exit the bus, walk towards the sea for 2 minutes and you'll be in Steveston
Approx ~ 55 mins each way | Transit - $4.45 each way