Horseshoe Bay is a community of 1000 residents located in West Vancouver. Situated on the western tip of West Vancouver at the entrance to Howe Sound, the village marks the western end of Highway 1 on the mainland. Horseshoe bay is home to a few cafes and restaurants, as well as the BC Ferry terminal with several ferries leaving throughout the day to several locations.
The ferry routes vary in price depending on where you're headed to. You can get to Bowen Island, the Sunshine Coast or Nanaimo, each varying in travel distance.
- Turn right out of the hostel and walk down until you reach W Georgia St.
- Head to the bus stop across the road opposite London Drugs.
- Hop on bus #257 Horseshoe Bay Express and stay on approximately 6 stops.
- The last stop will be Horseshoe Bay.
- Approx ~ 50 mins each way | Transit - $3.10 each way